Monday 9 January 2012

Introduction

My name is Syan Gallagher and I am 17 years old, I am studying for my A-levels at college and thus have to fit this silver arts award around my college workload.
me with my bronze arts award... hopefully soon I'll be able to get a photo holding my silver arts award!


Every Thursday I attend a performing arts group where I have learnt many of my skills, http://billbrookman.co.uk/ The head of this company is Bill Brookman, and Sally and Helena are ex club members who now work for the company. I have learnt lots from them, including dance,stilt walking, poi, hula hoop tricks, unicycling and much more. Brian is a volunteer for the company and has also helped me in many of my skills, including clog dance, slack rope and diablo. Here are some photo's of me learning and precticing some of the skills I mentioned:

me unicycling


me and sally dancing

learning to dance with Sally

me hula hooping
me doing poi on stilts
dancing aorund the exploding maypole.

This is the blog I will use to document my silver arts award. It will contain both units one and two, I will try to include photos, videos, reviews and links for anything I do.

Unit one (arts practice) will contain posts on:
  • Arts challenge
  • Arts event
  • Arts research
Unit two (Arts leadership) will contain pages on :
  • Preparation of arts leadership
  • Delivery of arts leadership
  • Review of arts leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment