Monday 9 January 2012

Unit 1, Arts challenge. Set the challenge!

So, in order to help me decide what challenge I would like to do I have made two lists... one on my strengths and one on the skills I would like to develop! :)

Strengths
  • Hula hooping
  • Drama
  • Dancing
  • Stilt - walking
  • Poi
  • Whip
  • Performing
  • Gymnastics
  • Physical strength
  • Aerial skills
  • Balance
  • Art - drawing/painting
  • Creativity
  • Good communicator
Skills that I want to develop 
  • Slack - rope
  • Singing
  • Choreography
  • Aerial
  • Flexibility
  • Art - skills
After looking at my strengths and the skills I would like to develop I have decided that for my arts challenge I want to create a slack - rope piece to perform....  I have decided this as it works with my strengths, which are performance, balance, slack - rope, dancing, and creativity. I would also like to perhaps create a few small bits of set.. which will assist me with developing my art skills. I feel that my choreography skills will greatly increase due to this project also. I spoke to my arts award advisor to see what she thought about it, here is the conversation below:
 Syan Gallagher

(me) Do you think the slackrope idea would be ok?
Janet Grant
(janet) yes I'll talk to the others about it on wed night when we have a committee meeitng
Syan Gallagher
(me) ok, what sort of things do you need to discuss?
Janet Grant
(janet) whether someone could come in and do slackrope training,,
Syan Gallagher
(me) ahhh... I see, that would be good, although if that isn't possible i could perhaps just work alone for a while? I could perhaps work some dance on the floor into it all?
Janet Grant
(janet) mm that sounds creative
Syan Gallagher
(me) I know Helena and sally *( friends from 101 performing arts group that have an MA in dance and a degree in circus ) are good at that kind of thing... maybe I could ask them for help?
Janet Grant
(janet) yes another good idea..
Syan Gallagher
(me) that's good
could I add this conversation in to my blog?
Janet Grant
(janet) YES! 
For my arts challenge I may need to have a couple of lessons, however I have learnt lots already from Brian, (a volunteer at the 101 performaing arts group I attend) and have been able to transfer some of my gymnastics skills from the beam, so since I am focusing more on the dance and performance elements  I could possibly just get help from some friends who are excellent at dance and choreography. I will need access to a slack - rope, the one I use at the moment belongs to Brian, so I will need to discuss with him when I will be able to use it before I make my plan. I will be working towards my challenge at the mission hut, where I usually train.
* information added after the conversation for the benifit of the moderator.

No comments:

Post a Comment